Terms and Conditions
This page contains important information you need to know when hiring from us.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
To secure the rental of one of our campervans a deposit of 30% of the total rental charge must be paid at time of booking, which is non-refundable. Eight (8) weeks prior to the commencement of the rental period the remaining balance must be paid. Where bookings are made within eight (8) weeks of commencement of the rental period the full rental charge must be paid at the time of booking.
The payments can be done by debit or credit card and bank or wire transfer.
It is our strong recommendation that you do not book flights or make travel arrangements until you have received a booking confirmation from us showing that your deposit has been processed.
COLLECTING AND RETURNING THE CAMPERVAN
Vehicles are available for collection and return Monday to Saturday. Sunday is available for collection and return at an extra cost.
Free parking is offered to the Hirer at our premises for the duration of the Rental Period at the hirer own risk.
We need to show you how to get the most of the campervan, therefore it is essential for us to give you a thorough introduction when you collect it. This will normally take about 45 minutes.
Collection Times: 2:00PM to 5:30PM
Return Times: 9:00AM to 11:00AM
As we carefully plan the times for collections and returns, please return the campervan on time. A penalty equal with a day’s hire charge is payable for returning the vehicle late. Should the late return of the vehicle make us liable for extra costs (e.g. compensation of the next hirer), we reserve the right to pass on these costs to you.
Collection or return times which fall outside the dates and times given must be agreed with us in advance at time of booking.
NO REFUND IS GIVEN FOR THE EARLY RETURN OF A VEHICLE.
The campervans have to be returned with the toilet and waste water tanks emptied and flushed out. Unemptied toilets and waste water tanks will incur a £100 penalty each. We also reserve the right to impose a £100.00 valet charge if the vehicle is returned in a condition unsuitable for habitation.
IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED WHEN COLLECTING THE VEHICLE
A. UK Licence Holders
- Driving Licence
- Code supplied by DVLA; The code can be obtained here: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Two of the following: Passport, Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement or Official Letter stating home address in order to identify your permanent address (dated within the last 2 months)
- Credit or Debit Card – this is required for the security deposit (insurance excess) to be pre-authorized on the date of collection
B . All Other Licence Holders
- International Driving Licence or International Driving Permit. You need an International Driving Permit if your licence is not an international one or if it was issued in a non-roman alphabet language like Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese or Russian (and other similar non-roman alphabet based languages)
- Passport or National ID card
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement or Official Letter stating home address in order to identify your permanent address (dated within the last 2 months)
- Credit or Debit Card – this is required for the security deposit (insurance excess) to be pre-authorized on the date of collection
DRIVERS AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Drivers & Driving Licence
- No one other than the drivers named in the proposal forms may drive the hired vehicles.
- All named drivers must be over 25 and under 75
- All licences required must be produced at vehicle collection; this applies to additional drivers too.
- The licence must be clear of any endorsements apart from up to six points for Speeding or Parking Offences.
- Persons with Major Convictions within the last eleven years will not be permitted to drive the campervans (e.g. drink driving offences or driving without an insurance).
Fully Comprehensive Insurance is included within the hire charge. The vehicle is insured for the period of hire contracted ONLY, thus late return of the vehicle would incur a traffic offence under the road traffic act. Hirers are advised to take out additional personal holiday insurance.
The Insurance Policy does not cover and we will therefore not hire to:
- persons who have been convicted of an offense in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.
- persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity, suffer from fits, some types of diabetes or heart complaint.
- persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or had their insurance cancelled by any motor insurer.
- persons with entertainment professions, professional sports or racing, persons with professional gambling professions (excludes clerical workers) and armed forces personnel of non UK/EU countries.
- persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident in the past 3 years.
- use for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward, or for racing, competitions, trials or rallies or hire for re-hire.
It may be necessary for referral to be made to the Insurers at the time of reservation to ensure that any endorsements meet with their criteria. All previous motoring convictions are to be disclosed to us at the time of hiring. The Hirer acknowledges and agrees that this is a fundamental term of hire.
We reserve the right to cancel hire if, at the commencement of hire, the drivers licences are invalid or not according to the conditions set out above. The Hirer will forfeit any payment made and no refunds whatsoever will be carried out.
Insurance Excess & Damage/Accident Excess Reduction
An excess payable by the hirer is applied to all vehicle hires. This is pre-authorised on a credit card on the day of collection. Please ensure you have sufficient funds on your credit card prior to arriving at our premises.
The excess amount is between £1,200 and £1,500 depending on the vehicle hired.
There is no mileage limitation or charge.
The campervan includes all crockery, kitchen equipment, toilet fluid, toilet paper, electrics hook-up, fresh water hose as well as one full gas cylinder. The Hirer is responsible for buying replacement gas cylinders as and when required. We can supply bedding and towels and outside table and chairs, please see our Hire Rates page for prices.
FUEL, WATER & OIL
The vehicle shall be supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank of fuel. Failure to do so will result in the cost of filling the tank plus an additional charge of £30 being deducted from the security deposit. The engine oil, water levels and tyre pressures must be checked by the Hirer at least once a week during the Vehicle rental period.
PETS & SMOKING POLICY
We have a very strict policy of no smoking and no pets allowed in any of our campervans at any time. Whilst we are animal lovers ourselves, this policy is for the comfort of our guests some of whom may have allergies. This policy ensures we maintain our very high standards of supplying immaculately clean campers for the enjoyment of our customers. If at the end of the hire is discovered that our policy was not respected a £350.00 penalty will apply.
While every effort is made to ensure that the vehicle reserved is available at the agreed time and date, if due to circumstances beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to return money paid by the hirer in full with no further liability. We will not be held responsible or be liable for any additional costs you have incurred including the cost of flights, train tickets, hotel accommodation or car hire.
Occasionally, vehicles are returned damaged and if the damage is too great for us to repair on time we may need to offer a substitute camper van. If this is not acceptable to you, or if no other camper van is available, then we will refund all sums that you have paid. The liability will be limited to the refund of monies paid and the Hirer will have no further claims against us. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
BREAKDOWN, TIRES & WINDSCREEN
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we request that the hirer seeks the help of the appropriate breakdown company quoting the registration number of the vehicle. Hirers are authorised to request repairs up to the value of £100.00 if the fault falls outwith the parameters of manufacturer warranty. Repairs costing in excess of £100.00 must first be authorised by us PRIOR to the work being undertaken. The Hirer is responsible for any repairs costs above £100.00 when approval is not obtained first.
Breakdown due to a punctured tyre is not covered by our policy. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the costs of repair and/or replacement as necessary in relation to damage to windscreen, tyres and punctures.
All cancellations must be in writing. All deposits are non-refundable. All money due and received within 8 weeks of the commencement of hire is not refundable. Hirers are strongly advised to take out travel insurance or to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
The Hirer is not permitted to take the vehicle outside the UK and Northern Ireland or take the vehicle off road under any circumstance apart from official campsites and designated camping places. Hirers should note that foreign travel vehicle insurance is compulsory, and if you are travelling to Southern Ireland or anywhere in Europe in one of our vehicles the insurance is invalid.
The Hirer shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle or allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
The Hirer acknowledges delivery of the vehicle free from any defects or damage other than those as specified on the inventory sheet agreed at the date of commencement of the rental period. The vehicle and its contents must be returned in the same condition as they were received at the commencement of the rental period.
The Hirer must ensure that the Vehicle and its contents are used in a proper and careful manner for social and domestic purposes. In particular, the Vehicle is not to be used for or in conjunction with any race, competition or trial; for towing; for the carriage of goods or passengers; for hire or reward, or any other form of profit or remuneration; or for the carriage of goods of an explosive or hazardous nature.
The Hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle caused by improper use or accidental damage. Any damage to the interior of the vehicle, fixtures, fittings, living or cooking equipment will be charged to the hirer in all cases. No claims for loss or damage to personal belongings or effects of the hirer or any persons will be considered.
The Hirer is required to keep the Vehicle under his/her control throughout the rental period and to keep the vehicle locked at all times when unattended.
PENALTIES, FINES AND CHARGES
All fines incurred by the Hirer or other driver for the infringement of traffic laws or regulations shall be the liability of the Hirer or other driver and must be paid in full on receipt of any notice of penalty, fine or charge. We will not be responsible for any such liabilities. If we do receive any notices in respect of penalty, fines or charges including but not limited to fines and penalties for speeding, parking fines and congestion charges then an administration fee of twenty five pounds (£25.00) will be added to the penalty, fine or charge to cover administration and postage costs incurred to redirect such penalty notices, fines or charges.
Regulations govern the use of child car seats in the United Kingdom requiring every child traveling in the vehicle to be seated using specified restraints in all circumstances where the child is under 135cm or 12 years of age. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that necessary child seats are used in the vehicle if carrying children. Child seats are available for hire, please see our charges page for rates.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
We accept no liability for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from the breakdown of the vehicle, fair wear and tear excepted, or any accident or other such related causes.
We are not liable for any costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking fines, congestion charges and for any other offences committed against the Road Traffic Act or traffic regulations or otherwise by the Hirer or Additional Drivers.
The Vehicle and its contents are to remain the property of Roseisle at all times and the Hirer shall not sublet, assign, loan, pledge or grant lien over the Vehicle or its contents.
We reserve the right to vary the rates and conditions of hire at any time and to decline hire to any person at any time without reason, this includes the right to change vehicles when necessary. We also reserve the right to reclaim any vehicle we regard as being misused and all our expenses incurred will be recovered from the hirer.