Prestwick Golf Course
The Club is situated just half an hour’s drive south west of Glasgow on Ayrshire’s famous golfing coast, a stretch of land as famous as any in the world for prime golfing terrain. Prestwick shares its boundaries with Royal Troon and is just 40 minutes from Turnberry, with Open final qualifying courses such as Kilmarnock Barassie, Glasgow Gailes, Western Gailes and Irvine Bogside all within a 20 minute drive.
Prestwick Golf Club is a relaxed and friendly club that enjoys hosting golfers from all around the world. Visitors are encouraged to use their temporary membership to its full capacity, and enjoy the full lunch in the lavish Dining Room or just a snack in the relaxed Cardinal Room.Prestwick Golf Club was founded in 1851 by a group of 57 members who met at the Red Lion Inn, Prestwick. Its first Captain was The Earl of Eglinton, who presented a gold medal for annual competition; the Eglinton gold medal is still played for to this day. Colonel Fairlie of Coodham brought Tom Morris (left) with his wife Agnes and son young Tommy to Prestwick from St. Andrews, to be the Keeper of the Green, Ball and Club Maker.