Knowing the rules of the road is essential for a campervan hire in Scotland.
- All passengers must wear safety belts. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure this.
- Children must normally use a child car seat until they’re 12 years old or 135 centimetres tall, whichever comes first. Children over 12 or more than 135cm tall must wear a seat belt.
- It is illegal to use a phone/cell phone while driving – so pull over before making any calls.
- Drinking and driving laws are strict in Scotland. The Scottish Government advises not to drink any alcohol when planning to drive.
- Overtake on the right unless there is a steady solid white line which means no overtaking.
- Always remember to take regular breaks whilst driving, especially when traveling long distances.
- In some part of Scotland, road signs are displayed in both English and Gaelic.